New tarot cards
New tarot cards have been so far created for Major Arcana only and you can find my paintings as well as graphically enhanced autoportraits, which are depicting individual themes of the cards, on them. Meanwhile, I am working on more cards and I believe that I will be able to complete the entire tarot cards deck.
Descriptions to images that are visible on all my tarot cards
- The back of the tarot cards – Oil on canvas. I painted this picture a long time ago. It was the time when I was blaming myself for most of the problems I have experienced. But somewhere inside I knew I had to forgive myself and start to appreciate myself.
- Tarot card The Fool – The first Tarot card number 0 - Fool. It is a linocut created after finishing the artistic technical college. I like this picture. Everyone should do something crazy time to time only for yourself not to worry about anything else.
- Tarot card Magician – Magician. It's a portrait I painted with a pastel. Straight after finishing it I felt great strength, strong will, and vast life experiences in it.
- Tarot card The High Priestess – High Priestess. It's pastel with portrait in natural scenery. Appeasement, inner balance and self-exploration. These are the feelings I have experienced in its creation.
- Tarot card The Empress – Empress. Pastel technique. Portrait of a balanced woman spreading peace and love.
- Tarot card The Emperor – Emperor. Here I graphically processed my self-portrait. At first glance it may seem crazy. But I'm really proud of myself, that I've succeeded in my life managed to handle difficult situations and found the strength to fight even insidious disease. And vanity? Well, I admit, it is my favorite sin.
- Tarot card Hierophant – High Priest. My second portrait. It was created after chemotherapy and transplantation of bone marrow. They say, "Your faith will heal you." It is true. Believing in yourself is crucial for getting out of worst life situations. And if you manage to push everything irrelevant out of your mind at such times, you will understand that even bad things that happen to you can make you stronger.
- Tarot card Lovers – Lovers. Pastel with nudity expressing night and day. Symbolizes the decision that needs to be done in relationships. Shows art of finding the understanding between opposites and relations amongst them. Love is an emotion and therefore sometimes warms up and sometimes hurts.
- Tarot card Chariot – Car. It's a combination of a pastel with a portrait of a horse and a photo of a Ursa Major on sky full of stars. The horse symbolizes movement and the universe courage. This combination gives us the power to move forward independently of the conflicts ahead.
- Tarot card Justice / Adjustment – Justice. This is an abstraction, painted with oil on canvas with graphic editing. It is a balance and harmony that can in its simplicity help us get over everything complicated and unnecessary.
- Tarot card Hermit – Hermit. This is my third portrait, embedded in graphics. Created not long after I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, an exceptional blood cancer, resulting in kidney failure and spontaneous bone fractures due to loss calcium. It just makes holes in the bones. With this graphic I wanted to express my feeling of loneliness I felt at that moment. It was associated with the end of one life stage and finding a new path. I knew I had to calm down and get away from everything bad. It required great patience and self-discipline. Loneliness helped me concentrate and to find new energy in myself. It helped me stay in this world and enjoy every little thing life will bring.
- Tarot card Wheel of fortune – Wheel of Fortune. Oil on wood is complemented by mandala of luck. This is an abstraction which I created completely relaxed. Nothing interfered with movement of the brush and chisel. Only indescribable happiness was flowing through me.
- Tarot card Power / Desire – Strength / Lust. Oil on canvas. I painted this abstraction with a sense of strength and great energy. At that time, I was doing well in my life and I felt great self-confidence. For this creation I used my creativity and passion in full.
- Tarot card Hangman – The Hangman. In the classic Tarot cards, the Hangman is usually depicted hanging head down. I created a graphic portrait in a spider web. I wanted to express long-lasting stagnation and inconveniences. There is no more fighting to be found in the eye. But in the corner of the soul, there can still be a determination to change everything and turn the unfavorable destiny for better.
- Tarot card Death / Rebirth – Death / Rebirth. This pastel hangs on the wall in my home. When I hesitate about myself, I look at it and I feel the desire to become even more myself, to overcome whatever restricts me. At the same time however, I feel humility and something inside me says, "Forgive all who have hurt you, ask forgiveness for those you hurt and remember to forgive yourself. Accept everything positively, whatever life brings you".
- Tarot card Art / Temperance – Art / Moderation. This is a portrait of my daughter when she was little. This pastel I created long time and patiently. Because with pastels the dark shadows and contours are made at the end you never know in advance how the picture will turn out. And unfortunately, it is not an oil that can be repainted, so when you make a mistake at the end, you will ruin it. That's why you work slowly and sensitively. In the natural scenery depicted is the White Sea in Russia, where I managed to travel and a tiny flower to express love and deep feeling.
- Tarot card Devil – Devil. I have this pastel at home and was even exhibited in Paris. I painted it when I was creating female nudes and I thought of doing some male nudes. At that time, I worked hard on managerial position and painting was my controlled relaxation. Humor, sexuality, temptation and sensuality. That's what I put into the paintings. If I didn't put it in pictures, I was looking for these in real life. And it was uncontrolled relaxation which scared me. Most of the time, it was followed by reproaches, problems and hangovers that totally drowned everything originally nice and tempting.
- Tarot card Tower – Tower. Collage of pictures of the sea and lost chess games. The higher we want get, the greater the risk. And if we don't have a solid foundation, everything can break down like house of cards. When we do something, we should have it well thought through.
- Tarot card Star – Star. This is the collage of the portrait of my daughter and the sky full of stars. She's young, beautiful and positive. She spreads joy and good mood around her. Of course, she brings me joy too. She is like a star to my heart and to people around her.
- Tarot card Luna – Moon / Luna. It's my first oil on canvas and I still have it at home. My dearest picture I lost once and found it again. It is two images in one. The original one was a mysterious portrait in the waves. After ten years of life experience, losses and wins, I sat down to work on it again and created Medusa. I called her so. Evil eye. The mystery and intuition. Lie and illusion. Recognition of insincerity and unwillingness to tolerate it, both in myself and in others. When I look at the picture, things start to get clear and I try to understand the bottom of the problems. But I have to be honest with myself.
- Tarot card Sun – Sun. Oil on the wood. Finished quickly. I felt happy when I started and it went so well. That happens when one is filled with positive energy. Then everything bad remains on the edge and in the middle is just joy and good mood.
- Tarot card Aeon / Judgement – The Last Judgment / Aeon. This coal painted image life, from pregnancy (top left), through childhood and adulthood, to old age (hands down right). It symbolizes life challenges, changes, resolutions and solutions. Whatever the circumstances one has to go ahead.
- Tarot card Cosmos / Universe – Universe. Pastel with portraits of my children and the universe. Start of the journey and new knowledge. All will come to successful end when one is determined to grow and develop. Determination to find the right direction is always needed.
All rights are reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission. Free Online Tarot Reading made by Jiří Berta, czech version Výklad karet, Sitemap, 2021 © LB